Friday, May 28, 2010

ode to kimberly reed... a new song

Hi again... I've added the mp3 recorded today of the song 'Kimberly' ... hope you like it

cheers...

Hi there all,


Just a quick post this time. I recently saw an interview with Kimberly Reed (MTF transgender lesbian filmmaker... now there's a title for you ..hehe) on Oprah of all shows and it really touched my heart.

Her story is not that different to mine but her courage to find her way to freedom is awesomely inspiring and I shed so many tears and still do even typing this... making a habit of that lately :? I was so inspired and 'moved' through that interview that I've even re-named my guitar after her... trust me that's a true honour :)

Anyway... out of it came this song. I'll post the lyrics now and try and record it for you in the coming few days (maybe week) and post it up too... love ya all and thanks for listening:

KIMBERLY – Scott White

(ode to Kimberly Reed)


You were born a boy

But that label never fit you

Though you tried to play their game

How’d it make you feel?

When you gazed into the looking glass

What picture did you see?


CHORUS:

Oh Kimberley

Your elegance and grace

It inspires me

When I look upon your face

It amazes me

The courage that you’ve shown to be free

You bring hope into my soul

Oh Kimberley


When did you decide?

To walk this rugged pathway

So you could be complete

Was someone by your side?

To hold you in the shadows

While you fought your way to light


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful song... profound lyrics... simply amazging! Thank you for sharing! You are a beautiful person!!! PS: Oprah needs to know you wrote this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robynne (blush).. I'm pretty sure Oprah has better things to do with her time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We, too, saw Kimberly Reed on Oprah, and then went to Seattle when her documentary was playing there...she would be honored that you have written such a song. Have you contacted her so she can hear it? And Oprah too! I agree with Roby! My sweeties has great ideas! Keep playing and singing and being the beautiful YOU that you are! Dotti

    ReplyDelete